Thursday, October 11th: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Drip systems can provide highly efficient irrigation results, but they have unique challenges in design and layout. If you have experienced issues with pressure, uneven performance, problems with plant establishment, problems with fertilizing a drip irrigated landscape or just wondered how to use all of those charts and information that manufacturers provide, then this class is for you. We will get hands on with product and we will design / lay out a drip system correctly.
• Learn about soil type and how it impacts the drip design (clue; its REALLY important!).
• Find out how to properly design a system for correct pressure and flow.
• Learn how to design for slopes and change of elevation.
• Learn when (and when not) to use air relief valves and automatic flush valves (vs manual).
• Understand how to use subsurface drip in turf and how to fertilize with a drip system.
• Discover ways to avoid pest (and other) damage, and how to install for easy maintenance.
• Use calculators and tools to make life easier and more efficient.